Oh My God! Oils For Oily Skin
I get disheartened on the days when I see a parched, dull and super oily face. I tried on a number of creams and products but unfortunately, none has proved a boon for my skin. Then with all, I was left was consulting a dermatologist and guess what, he asked me to feed my skin oil for nourishment and revitalization. That time, it seemed totally absurd to me, it was like polishing my skin with more grease and causing more acne by making it more greasy. After wrapping up all my thoughts, my final thought was maybe oiling can be a solution to my dull acne prone skin. Afterall, all I wanted was to kill all my skin problems with some magic. So I tried castor oil and tea tree oil.
And yes, they did wonders!
You must be amazed at the idea of oils being a cure for oily skin as I was before giving it a try.
Here is my post to share my experience of using oils.
The benefits of oils can only be appreciated if one knows what does oil actually do. For centuries, our mothers and grannies have been using natural oils for face and body as a moisturizer and this is how they manage to look so young and flawless. All you have to do is choosing the right oil for your skin, not every oil is meant for the skin.
What do oils do to the skin?
- Acts as a moisturizer for our face and body.
- Makes our skin smooth and soft.
- Oils help to deal with the skin breakouts.
- Prevents water loss.
- Boosts blood flow.
- It is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- It is rich in vitamin E, minerals, proteins and omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids which makes it beneficial for skin and hair.
Uses of castor oil:
Over years, it has been used for skin, hair and health as well.
Benefits of castor oil:
- Fights with acne.
- Fades scars and blemishes.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Reduces pigmentation.
- Helps your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker.
- Leaves the skin super smooth.
How to use it:
- Wash your face with warm water which will open up the pores.
- Massage gently in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes and keep it on overnight.
- Wash off your face in the morning with normal water.
Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil is something everyone should have at home. It is known for its powerful antiseptic properties.
Uses of tea tree oil: It can be used in so many ways!
- It is used for treating skin infections and wounds.
- It is used for hair and scalp health.
- Helps to cure bad breath.
- Helps to treat skin fungus.
- Helps in disappearing the blemishes.
- Helps in the strengthening of nails.
- Helps to cure sinus infection.
Benefits of Tea tree oil:
- Gives glowing skin.
- Prevents pimples.
- Works greatly on dark patches.
- It reduces any type of skin inflammation.
- It treats skin infections.
How to use it:
- Add drops of tea tree oil on a cotton bud and apply it on affected areas.
- Leave it for an hour or overnight.
Oils can be the next page in your beauty book.
Try it and share your experience with us!