Are cracked heels stopping you from wearing your favorite pair of sandals or flip-flops? Most of us are so negligent towards our feet that we do not emphasize on looking after our feet as we do on our face and health which is why the problem of cracked and dry heels arises. In our day to day life, our feet suffer a lot as we keep moving around due to which our feet naturally attract dirt and grime that causes flaky skin and cracked heels. So, not to mention, they require proper moisturization every night before going to bed to tackle the pain that they have to go through the whole day. Also, regular exfoliation helps to nourish the feet by removing the dead skin build up on your foot. So, I have rounded up some of the easiest home remedies to blast through your dry, cracked feet.
Honey and milk:
The moisturizing and antibacterial properties of honey make it an excellent exfoliator for worn-out feet and is well known for providing fresh and smooth skin by removing dead skin cells. On the other hand, milk is rich in minerals and vitamins. However, the combination of these two proves to be a great foot bath for perfect soft spring feet.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 4-5 tablespoons of milk in a tub of warm water.
- Let your feet to soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Scrub your feet gently with a pumice stone or a scrubber.
- Follow this method daily before going to bed until you see the results.
Rosewater and glycerin:
Rosewater has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which makes it very effective in treating skin problems such as eczema, dermatitis etc. It also contains antioxidants which help to clean the clogged pores and prevent the skin cells from damage. On the other hand, glycerin acts as a humectant as it locks the moisture onto the skin making it soft and supple. Rosewater and glycerin make a great combination in treating the dryness and cracking of heels.
- Pour an equal amount of rosewater and glycerin in a bowl of warm water.
- Steep your feet for 30 minutes.
- Rub the feet gently with the pumice stone or a scrubber to slough away the dead skin.
- Make a paste by mixing rosewater, glycerin and lemon juice in equal proportion.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas before going to bed.
- Wear a pair of socks for locking up the moisture.
- Repeat it every night before going to bed for soft and happy feet.
Rice flour scrub:
If you are fighting with dry, rough and callous skin on the feet, it’s time for exfoliation which helps to remove dead skin cells, therefore, preventing your feet from cracking and dryness. The homemade scrub of rice flour is an effective method of treating your rough soles and toes, making them soft, supple and smooth.
- Make a paste of 3-4 spoons of ground rice, a teaspoon of honey and 2-3 spoons of olive oil.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15 -20 minutes.
- Gently scrub the feet with the paste.
- Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the results.
Coconut oil is that popular natural remedy which is being used since ages to rejuvenate the feet and breaking down the dead skin. It works as a natural balm which seals the moisture and soothes hard cracked feet.
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm water for 10-15 minutes then scrub gently with a pumice stone to take off the dead skin accumulated onto your feet.
- Apply the oil liberally on the affected areas and massage gently.
- Lock in the moisture by wearing a pair of socks and go to sleep.
- Repeat it each night until your cracked heels are healed.
The benefits of banana are not limited to just your health and face, it is much more than what we think, to your surprise, it is an excellent fruit for maintaining your hair, hands and feet beauty also. It is a fruit that should be added to our daily skincare regime. Banana contains a high amount of potassium which makes it a good moisturizer to break down the tough skin.
- Mash one ripe banana and form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your clean heels and massage your feet with this banana mask.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your feet with lukewarm water.
These remedies really gonna work excellently at restoring the skin. None of the above gonna give you overnight results, you need to follow these regularly and patiently if you wanna see the true results.