Who doesn’t desire to have a clean, gorgeous and a glowing skin?
Of course, we all do but for that, you need to invest your time, effort and money to visit a salon and get a face cleanup on regular intervals. Regular face cleanup sessions are must in order to let the skin breath when your skin suffers a lot due to pollution, scorching sun, dirt and bacteria that infect our skin in a way that you may face dull, patchy and blemished skin. Visiting a salon every month is the most preferred and the easiest way of pampering our skin and releasing it from the trap of germs. But sometimes, it happens that we can’t take out even half an hour for ourselves from our working busy schedule and on that if we are asked to travel and that too if we are living in a metro city like Delhi where the traffic doubles the traveling time, it’s a big NO. To avoid this, I am bringing you a way that can make your visits to a salon optional and can save you money every month. In this post, I am sharing with you a step by step guide to get your face cleanup at home.
Step by Step:
1) Cleanse: This is the first step of your daily skincare routine. Cleansing the skin removes all the impurities from your face that settles in the pores throughout the day. What you need to do is:
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of raw milk and add a tablespoon of rosewater into it.
- Soak a cotton pad into the mixture.
- Cleanse your face with the dipped cotton.
2) Exfoliation: Now that you have cleansed your face, you are ready to scrub the dead cells off from the skin. This step helps in blood circulation and removes all the dirt, blackheads, whiteheads from the surface of the skin.
For preparing a homemade scrub-
- Take 1 tablespoon of crushed sugar.
- Squeeze half lemon into it and add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply all over your face.
- Scrub it in a circular motion for at least 5 mins.
- Leave it on until it dries.
- Wash off and pat dry.
When you wash your face, the skin loses its pH level. To balance the pH level, the skin needs to be toned regularly. For toning, you can apply chilled cucumber juice, neem juice or rose water on your face using a cotton pad.
For this, you can either use a steamer or a bowl of boiling water and add some drops of any essential oil to it. Now, Steam your face for 3-5 minutes by covering your head with a towel. Then, wipe off your face with a soft towel. After steaming, take an ice cube and rub all over your face to tighten the pores.
5) Facemask: It is the last step of the cleansing process which should never be skipped. Our skin loves to be treated with homemade masks. It cleanses the pores deeply and hydrates our skin.
For oily skin, you need to
- Take 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth.
- Add Enough rosewater to make a paste.
- Mix well.
- Apply it all over your face.
- Wait for 20- 25 minutes.
- Wash off.
For dry skin,
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt in a tablespoon of fuller’s earth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, make a paste and then apply the same way.
Follow this skincare cleanup routine regularly to have a beautiful and a radiant skin!